Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weekend Recap

The premise of this post can be summed up in 4 magical words:

Sex in the City


Every fashionista, fashion addict, and fashion follower should have seen this movie by now; and if not, shame on you! I'll admit it, I was never a serious fan of the show, in fact I don't think I ever watched a full episode, all I knew is that the rise of the Manolo Blahnik could almost single handedly be due to Carrie Bradshaw.

As to be expected, the wardrobing in this movie was absolutely fabulous, at times even breathtaking. I can think of several scenes where I got goosebumps from the sheer eyecandy up on the big screen. From Carolina Herrera to Christian LaCroix, it appeared that every premier designer label got their 15 minutes out of this movie.


I wouldn't be surprised though if one brand in particular receives more shine than others: Christian Dior, due to the city sandals Carrie can be seen wearing several times throughout the film.

photo courtesy of shoewawa.com
These sandals are pretty chic if I may say so myself, especially in time for summer. I can just see the knock-offs already.

Since I know that no post I put up can even do this movie justice, I'll leave you with this, go get Carried away already!

No comments: