Sunday, May 18, 2008

Uptown Emerging Designers Market


Last weekend marked the launch of the Uptown Emerging Designers Market, which took place on 125th and Frederick Douglass in the Hip Hop Cultural Center (aka the 2nd level of the Magic Johnson Theater).





It only seems appropriate that with other existing venues taking place further downtown (ie. the Chelsea market) which showcase the works of upcoming designers, Harlem would get a designer market of its own. Vendors ranged from jewelry designers to vintage boutique owners, entrepreneurs, such as Alisa Clark of Greeteez



and selections from one of my fast growing favorites, Harlem shoe store Head Over Heels.

And not only was their great fashion but also a DJ spinning on the ones and twos, complimentary cocktails provided by Novu and gift bags full of goodies with a $50+ purchase.


As much as I love fashion and shopping I just couldn't walk away empty handed. Soooo say hello to my new friends:

Courtesy of Zinc by way of Head Over Heels.

The Emerging Designers Market is scheduled to take place the 3rd weekend of every month, but check out their website to stay abreast of any changes http://www.uptownedm.com/

2 comments:

a-tomrosebomb said...

diana you went and didn't tell nobody! not cool... not cool.
bitter,
kendra

DyannaLynn said...

I'm sorryyyy. I'll make sure I tell you for the next one!